May 04, 2013

April Playlist 2013



This month was a little slow in terms of new music but the songs that I did discover quickly became firm favourites.

I talked about Ready or Not by Bridgit Mendler in my Guilty Pleasures video and my thoughts on the song still hold true. The lyrics are hilarious in all the wrong ways but that's why I love it and it's as catchy as hell so… Hurricane is another one from her album I've been liking, again hilarious lyrics (floppin' on a bed like a flying squirrel anyone?) but good nonetheless. This isn't groundbreaking music but if you're looking for some fun, lighthearted catchy tunes then give these a listen!

Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato went up against each other this month, both releasing the first single from their respective albums. I really like them both but Heart Attack wins it for me just because it suits Demi so much more than Come & Get It suits Selena, especially in terms of performing it live. Sorry Selena but if you can't sing and dance at the same time, just except it and stick to one or the other.

My housemate Carly is to blame completely for introducing me to The Duck Song. In all honesty I downloaded it purely for the "waddle waddle" line. Warning: if you've never heard this before, proceed with caution as it will get into your head and annoy the crap out of you indefinitely.

In April I read Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion which has a main character called Julie. This led to Julie by Take That popping into my head whenever I was reading so I felt it deserved a mention even though I haven't actually really listened to it this month.

What songs have you been listening to this month? I'd love some recommendations so let me know in the comments below!

0 comments:

Post a Comment