July 29, 2013

Album Review: Stars Dance

I love this album far more than I thought I would. To be honest I'm not sure why I didn't think I'd be that enamoured when I really like all 3 of her "The Scene" albums but still, I was a little uncertain. Despite that, I listened to the iTunes preview and knew straight away that I wanted to buy it and since then I've listened to it a whole lot.

This album definitely feels more sophisticated than her previous albums. My favourite songs are probably "Slow Down" and "Save the Day" but I couldn't really tell you why. I've never been good at explaining why I like songs. Usually how fun they are to sing along to often plays a big factor and these tick that box, especially the do-do-do bit in "Save the Day". Give it a listen and you'll know what I'm talking about.

There are admittedly a couple of weaker songs but then there's not many albums that don't have a few filler songs.  For me "B.E.A.T" and "Birthday" are probably my least favourite songs but that doesn't mean they're bad, they're just not as good as the rest of the album. Although by the looks of the popularity on iTunes they're will be a lot of people who disagree with the latter.

By no means is this album groundbreaking but if you're looking for a fun album that you can dance and sing along to then this is for you. Selena isn't taking herself seriously, she's not trying to pass herself off as some insane vocalist, cause lets be honest her vocal chords would be no match against Beyoncé or Adele, but she is having fun and producing good songs which for me is often what's more important.

If you want to preview the album in it's entirety you can do by clicking here.

What do you think of Selena's latest musical offering? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment