November 03, 2013

Farewell Anni

Today I awoke to amazing news that my cousin's wife had given birth to a healthy baby girl. Unfortunately a few hours later this was overshadowed by the horrible news that an old friend of mine from school had tragically passed away just over a week ago. I hope you guys don't mind if I take a moment to write down my thoughts on such an amazing person.


Dear Anni, 

You were someone who could make anyone laugh and I have so many amazing and fun memories of you and our little music room crew. From singing Phantom of the Opera at the top of our voices to you shouting Buttscratcher at the top of your voice across the village.

I'll never forget the day you gave me the nickname "Biffa" because I ate so much I was a bin. But not just any bin, a pretty bin, a Biffa bin. I still think of you when  ever I see one and I always will. 

You were so talented in so many ways. You could be handed any musical instrument and given a few minutes you'd be playing it like a pro. You loved science as much as you loved music. You'd always say how you dreamt of one day becoming a doctor, a future that has now been taken away. A future you deserved.

I wish that I'd made the effort to stay in contact with you more over these past three years since we went our separate ways after school. Now it's too late. I'm sure you're up there looking down on us and I hope you can see all the amazing messages that have been left for you. You made a mark on this world that can never be taken away. You will be missed.

Love Biffa x

Today has made me truly appreciate the life that I've been given. From the birth of a cousin to the death of a friend it really puts it all into perspective. Never take what you have for granted because you never know when it all might end.

Sorry this has been such a sad post but I needed to get my feelings out somewhere and this felt somewhat more private than if I were to post it on Facebook as ironic as that sounds. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment